Sunday, November 18, 2007

Week 9 (November 19) Podcasts, Video and ebooks

YouTube

I feel a little embarrassed about this video. It was not my intention to do any flag waving about the war, I was just searching for a favourite song by Emmylou Harris. I thought it was interesting though because I am someone who would never look at YouTube and here I learnt some recent news I hadn't heard - namely that thousands of anti war protesters had marched on Washington led by Iraq war veterans. The video is very moving and a reminder I think that many Americans oppose the war and that no-one does protest quite like them. As for their use in libraries, I'm not too sure. Obviously they have some educational value, we've used them in this exercise, but as I said, it isn't something I'm familiar with.





No comments: